Sex Outside the Bedroom: 5 Great Places to Start
You’re out at lunch with your significant other and all of a sudden, you’re in the mood. The time will come when you want to jump each other’s bones, but you aren’t anywhere near your home. Or, maybe you want to see what it’s like being somewhere other than your bed. So what do you do when you can’t wait until you’re at home or want to try something new? Get creative! Here are some of the best places to go when the moment strikes.
- The Car: One of the most obvious and talked about is in the car. This one can be tricky because there isn’t much space to work with and, unless your windows are tinted, you’ll be completely visible. However, it is pretty convenient because there is at least some privacy in your own vehicle, and you’re mobile; if the spot you’re in doesn’t seem like the best place to be intimate, you can drive away to somewhere more secluded. If you’re trying to get it on in the car, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Potentially getting caught is part of the rush, but no one usually wants to put on a show for whomever may be walking by, so choose a street or parking area without much activity, and make sure there aren’t many people around, especially children. Also, make it quick. This is not the spot where you want to take your sweet time because it could be interrupted at any moment.
- The Roof: Roofs are great spots because they are a little bit more remote than other outside areas and there will definitely be a view. Whether it’s your own rooftop, or one you found access to, being up off the ground and out in the open can be thrilling. The view can be romantic and because it is above eye level, you are less likely to have someone happen upon you. If it’s a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, make sure to check your surroundings before you get started. How high up are you? Is there a railing? Is the access door going to lock if it shuts? Where is the most stable part so neither of you will fall? These factors could make or break the experience for you, so take a minute to look around before you get right down to it. If it’s something a little more planned or it’s your own rooftop, make it a little more romantic. Bring a blanket to lie down on, wear clothes that will be easy to take off or work around, bring music, go at sunset, sunrise, or at night when the stars are out. These little extras can make the moment more special.
- The Balcony: The balcony is similar to the rooftop in the sense that you are above ground level and the view can be amazing. It is a smaller area though, and you won’t have to worry quite as much about falling down. There can be more privacy than a roof if the walls of the balcony are solid, but there can also be less privacy if the railings are bars or if the walls are short. Anyone looking up or across the way from another balcony could potentially see what you’re doing, so definitely take into consideration the different factors working with or against you. If you are at a hotel or apartment, make sure no one is on the neighboring balconies, especially if they are close in proximity to each other. If there are people around and you want to risk it anyway, try to be as quiet as possible. Most people use their balconies to relax, and loud sex noises coming from the other side of the wall is not exactly tranquil. If you are on your own balcony or one that is secluded, you can be a little less cautious and take your time.
- The Park/Hiking Trail: The park or a hiking trail can be one of the most exhilarating spots to have sex because of the scenery, and there aren’t any walls or high grounds to cover you, making the risk of someone seeing higher than in other areas. This also makes it more difficult. If you are at the park, don’t try and initiate anything without a blanket to sit on or cover you since parks are generally family-oriented. Go at a time of day when it is not rousing with children and their parents, and keep away from the entrance or street area of the park. If you are on a hiking trail, find a more wooded or plant-filled area to allow for some coverage. Also, do not be directly on the trail since anyone could be trotting down at any time. The best spot on a hike to get physical is your resting destination. It will be somewhat of a reward for finishing the hike and the view will be more beautiful. This is another spot where you are going to want to make it quick, whether it’s the park or the hike. These are areas that many people frequent so make it short and discreet to be as polite and respectful as possible.
- The Fitting Room: The fitting room or dressing room at any store can be hard to pull off. Most places have separate facilities for men and women; the employees won’t let two people go into the same room; and the doors don’t necessarily go all the way down to the floor. If you can manage to get into the same fitting room, it can be a great place to have sex. Although you’ll most likely not have more than ten or fifteen minutes, it’s an area designed for you to take off your clothes, and the door locks, meaning no one will come in and surprise you. However, if the door doesn’t go all the way to the ground, foot positioning can make it easy to figure out what you’re doing. In a lot of dressing rooms, there is a seat or sturdy shelf to put your items on, so have you or your partner sit down to remove one pair of feet from view. There’s most likely going to be a good amount of people around and within earshot, so be very quiet. Getting caught in the dressing room will definitely get you kicked out of the store, maybe even banned, and would be embarrassing to say the least.
Deciding to engage in sex outside the bedroom is a fun, adventurous way to spice up your sex life, but it’s also not something to take lightly. There are laws in each state that differ on indecent exposure and lewd conduct, so be careful about when and where you’re getting intimate. Most of the time, you’ll have to make it quick and you should always clean up after yourselves. This is a private act that you and your partner are deciding to do in a public area, so you do not want to be offensive or disrespectful to anyone that is around or may be around later. It may seem like there are a lot of complications with having sex outside the bedroom, but it is an invigorating experience that will be an intimate secret for you and your partner.