Whether you straight-up forgot Valentine’s Day or your fave dinner spot booked up months ago, it helps to have a V-Day backup plan or just something to spice things up in the bedroom.
Behold: here are 5 last-minute, ultra-sexy Valentine’s Day ideas that will knock their socks (and possibly more) right off.
1. Create An At-Home Spa
You know what says, “you’re so sexy I just can’t help but pamper you”? Fancy bubble bath.
Get out the candles, wine, and rose petals, because this bathtub is about to get bougie. Try laying out a cozy robe and their favorite snacks. Queue up some vibey music to help them relax. Look at you, so thoughtful!
Snag this idea for anyone who’d love a moment to themselves, allowing all the day’s tension to melt away…and be replaced, by sexual tension.
2. Give Them an Erotic Massage
Massage is sensual by definition, but you know what’s hot? Hours-long erotic massage, by an attentive partner who knows how to touch you.
However, the trick to making massage An Experience (and not just a casual shoulder rub) is all about prep:
- Clean a room in your space, and trick out a stable surface with everything you’ll need: padding, a sheet, a place to rest their head. The bed works just fine.
- Next, diffuse some essential oils, and turn on some relaxing music.
- Finally, select your tools: might I suggest a body-safe massage candle, to drip on their body? Or a next-level toy, if you’re working on a vulva owner? Lelo’s Sona 2 Cruise is a sonic clitoral massager, and when pressed hard against the body, extra power is unleashed for a deeper orgasm…ooh la la. They also make a luxe rabbit vibrator, the SORAYA Wave, which feels like a finger massage to the G-spot, thanks to a vibrating arm and the ensuing full-body orgasms. Pro tip: Lelo offers next-day delivery so it’s not too late to grab one in time for Valentine’s Day.
On that last point: this is an excellent V-Day experience for anyone who’d like a lil’ soft kink. Will this massage conclude with a happy ending? Sounds like a happy Valentine’s Day to me.
3. Go On a Flirty Picnic
So the restaurant’s a no-go. Not to worry! Dazzle your partner with a whimsical picnic.
Pack a decadent spread, some travel-ready flatware, and a Bluetooth speaker for tunes, then look up neighborhood parks or green spaces in your area. If you’re feeling ambitious, you could take them to your nearest national park, because you know what’s fun to do, surrounded by nature’s splendor? Make out seshes. Hiking too. But really, making out.
4. Book A Wine Class
Another DIY date night idea is to become instant wine connoisseurs. What if you whipped up their favorite meal, created a gorgeous, candle-lit dinner, and took a Masterclass on wine appreciation?
Another hot tip here: because everyone thinks RESTAURANT for Valentine’s Day, wine bars are actually surprisingly easy to visit, on this most romantic of holidays. So if you’re itching to go out on a date, but face-palming yourself for not getting a dinner reservation, try your local winery. You might be pleasantly surprised, especially since many offer flights and food.
5. Play “Never Have I Ever” (In Bed)
Make Valentine’s Day more playful, with some sexy, game-ified parameters. My Yes / No / Maybe List is an excellent companion for this, as is a specific toy…perhaps one they’ve never tried before, like a luxe vibrator. Imagine the look on their face when you’re in bed together, they feel something under the pillow, and see a wrapped gift waiting for them. “Happy Valentine’s!” you declare, while they unwrap their gift, Dame Eva for example, that vulva-owners can tuck into their labia for hands-free vibes during partnered sex. Whoa – are you a great Valentine’s Day companion or the greatest Valentine’s Day companion?
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, you don’t have to panic. Try some of these last-minute date ideas on for size, and see how sexy you can be in a snap.
For all of these creative ideas, here’s a free hack. Download this app – HiNOTE – for visual texting that looks like cute stationary. I’m obsessed! They’ve got a ton of templates, including a collab I just did with them for sexts and sexy invites. Note that it’s just on iPhone for now…but the Android version is on its way.