Let’s talk about non-monogamy! In the nearly two decades since I’ve been doing the show, I’ve never gotten so much interest in this topic as I am right now. Which is why I’m joined today by cultural anthropologist Dr. Wednesday Martin, who in addition to researching non-monogamy for her books and articles, has first-hand experience opening up her own marriage.
On today’s episode, Wednesday reveals what modern sex research shows about female sexuality and long-term, monogamous relationships: a woman’s desire typically wanes between year 1 to 4. In addition, Wednesday and I discuss the difference between non-monogamy, swinging and polyamory, how to go about finding a partner outside of your primary relationship, how to set rules, and the surprising ways opening up improved her own partnership.
- More Wednesday Martin: Website | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube
- Untrue by Wednesday Martin
- 7 Myths of Non-Monogamy
- Opening Up by Tristan Taormino
- Open Monogamy: A Guide to Co-Creating Your Ideal Relationship Agreement by Tammy Nelson
- The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities
- Open Deeply: A Guide to Building Conscious, Compassionate Open Relationships
- Crazy on the Inside: A Memoir of Nobody Special
- Polysecure: Attachment, Trauma and Consensual Non Monogamy
- The Anxious Person’s Guide to Non-Monogamy: Your Guide to Open Relationships, Polyamory and Letting Go
- More Than Two: A Practical Guide to Ethical Polyamory