When resentment builds up in a relationship, it compromises our sexual connection. We feel taken for granted, unappreciated, and unseen. Most of all, we feel emotionally unsafe, which makes it impossible to let loose and feel free in bed. So on today’s show, I talk through a study that connects the dots between a quality sex life and regular expressions of gratitude. Next, I take your calls: when long standing issues with your partner inhibit your desire, how do you break through that impasse? When your partner says you’re not meeting their sexual standards, how much of that messaging do you take in? And when you crave words of affirmation, but they just can’t seem to give them, is it time for new therapy or to respectfully end the relationship?
- How to Talk Like a Dom for Better Sex: 6 Essential Phrases
- Ask Emily: What is a Penis Ring and Why Should I Use It?
- PRE-ORDER MY NEW BOOK! Smart Sex: How to Boost Your Sex IQ and Own Your Pleasure
- SMART SEX PRIZE PACK (submit your pre-order proof of purchase at the bottom of the page, be entered to win the prize pack and everyone that enters receives a copy of my new and improved Yes! No! Maybe? Guide)
- VUSH We Come First Couples Connection Kit (Kit is 30% off, Save an additional 10% with the code EMILYWCF)