Just like going to the gym improves your body, going to therapy improves your mind. And bonus: couple’s counseling can radically improve your relationship and your sex life. So why do some people absolutely refuse to go?
On today’s show, I’m giving you the therapy low-down, so you can decide whether you should try it – or, if it’s the right call for you and your partner. I’m talking: signs it’s time to look for a therapist, pros and cons of solo therapy vs. couple’s counseling, whether sex therapy is right for you, what to expect from a typical therapy session, and how to find therapy that works for you – including budget-friendly options. Plus, I take your therapy-related questions on porn addiction, sexual trauma and what to do if you tried to improve your sex life with your partner…but they cheated anyway.
- Ask Emily: My Wife Cheated
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- Book: The Body Keeps The Score
- Book: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone
- Maximize Your Orgasm w/ Dolly Josette
- Ask Emily How Do You Get Your Partner to Go to Therapy
- Book: So Tell Me About The Last Time You Had Sex
- Book: She Comes First
- Therapy for Black Girls
- Therapy for LatinX
- Best of: Coming Together w/ Celeste and Danielle