[TW // mentions su*c*de] If you would like to skip this portion of the episode, please skip through: 47:00-48:00.
Do you (or your partner) start fights over nothing? Do stable relationships feel unsettling? Today, holistic psychologist, podcast host, and author Dr. Scott Lyons shows us how some of us may be more addicted to chaos than we think. From attachment styles to toxic partners, Dr. Lyons explains how unresolved trauma can show up in ourselves and our relationships. We also talk about the desire to have rough sex, why makeup sex feels so good, how trauma lives in our bodies, and so much more.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to work through jealousy in relationships
- How addiction to drama affects our sexual pleasure
- How to identify and sit with uncomfortable emotions
See the full show notes at sexwithemily.com.
Recent SWE Articles:
- How to Handle Performance Anxiety
- 5 Ways to Pleasure a Vulva
- Ask Emily: I Can’t Always Get Hard For Sex, Help
- How to Use Anal Beads
- Elevated Masturbation: Try a Stroker
If You Liked This, You’ll LOVE This:
- Podcast: Breaking Out of Toxic Relationships With Therapist Jamye Waxman
- Podcast: The Secrets to Happier Sex w/ Dr. Amen
- Podcast: Talkin’ Sex w/ My Therapist Dr Anadel Barbour
- Podcast: Stop Having Sex In the F*cking Dark w/ Tara Schuster
More Dr. Emily:
- Shop With Emily! (free shipping on orders over $69)
- The only sex book you’ll ever need: Smart Sex: How to Boost Your Sex IQ and Own Your Pleasure
- Want more? Sex With Emily: Home
- Let’s get social: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | TikTok
- Let’s text: Sign Up Here
- Want me to slide into your inbox? Sign Up Here for sex tips on the regular.
Episode Sponsored By:
- Magic Wand Micro (free shipping on orders over $69)